Learn how to create a Photo Exhibit Banner for your Online and Face2Face Class Using PowerPoint In 14 simple steps :).
Steps for Completion: 1. Add a Discussion Forum to your course (if there isn't one already), and title it "Introduction". Provide some ideas about what students may wish to include about themselves. Be sure to remind them that this is a 'Public' forum that all class members will see.
2. Ask the students to add a photo of themselves. Many students will respond well to "Post a Selfie". (You should probably remind them to post an 'appropriate' selfie... :)
5. Insert lines in horizontal and vertical patterns to create the number of 'boxes' equal to the number of students you have. The smaller the class, the bigger the photos, and likewise, the bigger the class, the smaller the photos or 'template frames will be.
6. Insert/Copy/Paste) each photo, 1 by 1 onto the page from the location where you saved your photos from the Introduction Discussion Forum in Blackboard.
7. Next to each photo, add the correct student's name to his/her photo, positioning names and proportionate sizes. (You might try creating one name, the copy>paste and retype the new name for the next photo added. This will keep the format consistent.)
8. Be sure to add your own photo as the Instructor.
9. Save your PowerPoint as Jpeg, single image.
10 Return to Blackboard. Under Course Management, click to Customize>Teaching Style>Properties.
11. Find 'Banner' and upload your 'Jpeg' from your photo montage you have saved in your computer/hardrive/cloud location.
12. When the file appears in text, select 'Submit'.
13. Click on 'Home Page' where the Banner should now appear.
!4. Enjoy the effect this will have on your F2F and Online class environments. :)